The Early Life Lab will enable key investigators and users to use EEG telemetry, high-resolution eye tracking, heart rate variability assessments and near infra-red spectroscopy monitoring during assessments of children.
The associated Data Hub will leverage powerful, scalable, enterprise-class IT hardware capable of supporting INFANT’s varied storage and curation requirements. INFANT’s valuable data will reside on class-leading, fast disk enclosures that are both replicated and backed up to offsite locations for failover and disaster recovery. It will allow storage of large datasets, including high definition video files, in a regulatory compliant fashion.
Mainly housed in the newly completed Paediatric wing on the campus of Cork University Hospital, this unique infrastructure will enable important follow-up assessments in younger populations, thus providing the innovative capability to ‘fast-track’ translational research.
The Athena Centre is based in INFANT's Discovery Platform at the paediatric outpatient department in Cork University Hospital.
Athena is a specialist paediatric neurocognitive assessment centre for children who have experienced hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) at the Mild, Moderate or Severe grade.
Click here for more information
This infrastructure houses a dedicated suite of assessment rooms, including a sleep study room, Bayley’s assessment room and observation room with additional assessment rooms and facilities housed in the new Paediatric Build in Cork University Hospital.
As well as the support of a Senior Clinical Neurophysiologist, the INFANT neurodevelopmental team (which overseen by a Senior Clinical Psychologist) has expertise in the completion and evaluation of many standardised Neurodevelopmental assessments including:
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3)
- Child Behaviour Checklist (CBCL: Achenbach & Rescoria, 2000)
- Social-Emotional and Adaptive Behaviour Questionnaire from BSID-III
- Bayley Scales of Infant Development III (BSID-III)
- Kaufman Brief IQ test
- Revised Griffiths Scales of Mental Development
- NEPSY® – Second Edition
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™ – Third Edition (WPPSI™ – III)
- Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function®–Preschool Version (BRIEF®-P)
- Executive function imitation working memory task
- Greenspan Social-Emotional Growth Chart
- WPPSI working memory scale
- MacArthur-Bates Communicative Development Inventories (CDI)
- Baby Screen APP- a tablet based psychological assessment tool, which measures cognitive ability in an engaging and interactive way at 18-30 months.