Darina is the project manager of the Cork BASELINE Birth Cohort. The Study is a collaborative study involving the Departments of Paediatrics and Child health, the Dept. of Food and Nutritional Science and the Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in UCC
BASELINE initially recruited 2137 infants to the study between 2008 and 2011, most of these were recruited through the SCOPE pregnancy study. These infants were followed up at birth, 2months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years and 5 years of age. A total of 1617 children were seen at 2 years of age and currently BASELINE has seen in excess of 1000 return to the 5 year appointment, the 5 year appointments will be complete by Dec. 2016. It is hoped these children could be followed up again at age 10.
- 2008-present Project Manager of the Cork BASELINE Birth Cohort Study
- 2005-2008 Database manager of the Bioactives database, as part of the EuroFIR European Project (a European Network of Food Composition Databases) where I was database manager for the Bioactives database.
- 2002-2005 Research assistant in the National Children’s Food Survey Ireland, University College Cork
- 2000-2002 Quality Analyst in Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 1999 MSc., Department of Food and Nutritional Sceience, University College Cork
- 1997 B.Sc (hons) in Nutritional Science at University College Cork