Gráinne is a research midwife on the IMPROvED programme. She completed her BSc Midwifery in the University of Limerick in 2011. After graduating, she volunteered as a midwife in Ghana before beginning work as an agency midwife in various maternity hospitals around Ireland.
She then travelled to Brisbane, Australia where she worked as a midwife in one of Queensland’s busiest maternity hospitals, Mater Mothers Hospital. She returned home to Cork in 2015 and began working as a research midwife with the EU funded IMPROvED study.
- 2015-Present Clinical Research Support Officer (Midwife) IMPROvED Study
- 2013-2015 Registered Midwife (Mater Mothers Hospital, Brisbane, Australia)
- 2012-2013 Registered Midwife (MRMH & CUMH, Nurse On Call)
- 2011 Volunteer Midwife (Ghana Irish Friendship Trust, Ghana)
- 2007-2011 BSc. (hons) in Midwifery at University of Limerick