Since joining Infant, Cillian has been working on the Babylink project, architecting and building a real-time streaming decision support platform for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Cillian’s research background is in signal processing for satellite navigation systems such as the American Global Positioning System (GPS) and its European equivalent, Galileo. After more than ten years in this field, he brought his experience of signal processing, channel modelling and real-time software systems development to the field of neonatal physiological signal monitoring at the Infant Centre.
- 2016-Present Senior Research Fellow, Infant Centre, UCC
- 2014-2016 Research Support Officer, Infant Centre, UCC
- 2013 Policy Officer, European Satellite Navigation Programmes Directorate, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium
- 2011-2013 Post-doctoral Fellow, Joint Research Centre of the European Commission, Ispra, Italy
- 2007-2010 Post-doctoral Fellow, Dept. Geomatics Engineering, University of Calgary, Canada
- 2007 PhD, Dept. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, UCC
- Best Presentation Awards: Session D6a ION GNSS 2012; Session D1 ION GNSS 2009.
- Membership of: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Institute of Navigation (ION)
- Technical Reviewer for: IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, The International Journal of Observation and Navigation, GPS Solutions, Sensors.