Andriy is an adjunct senior lecturer with INFANT. Andriy's PhD work focused on speech and audio processing, developing smart-room context-awareness systems using acoustic agents. In 2008, he moved from telecommunication to biomedical engineering to join Neonatal Brain Research Group in University College Cork. Here he developed and patented a neonatal seizure detection algorithm which has been tested in European multi-centre clinical trial towards its regulatory approval and clinical adoption. Andriy's research interests span the area of machine learning and deep learning for signal processing, starting with exploratory analysis, feature/architecture engineering, leading to predictive modelling and validation, with the aim to assist healthcare professionals in clinical decision making by developing objective decision support tools. In INFANT Andriy has been awarded grants by Wellcome Trust, SFI, IRC, HRB.
In 2018, Andriy took up the role of Machine Learning Lead in Qualcomm, Cork, Ireland and remains with INFANT as an adjunct senior lecturer.
- 2018 - Present Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering, INFANT, UCC
- 2013-2018 Research Fellow, INFANT Research Centre UCC.
- 2008-2013 Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, Neonatal Brain Research Group, UCC.
- 2007-2008 Postdoctoral Researcher, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2007 PhD, Dept. Signal Theory and Communication, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2006-2007 Visiting researcher, Toulouse Research Institute in Information Technology, Toulouse, France.
- 2002 Engineer degree in Computer Science, Dnipro National University, Ukraine.
- 2001 BSc degree in Computer Engineering, Dnipro National University, Ukraine.
- 2016 Fifth Most Cited Article of Clinical Neurophysiology since 2011.
- 2014 Kaggle Master.
- 2012 IEEE Senior Member.
- 2010 Research Commercialization Award: UCC Best Invention of the Year 2009.
- 2009 Gold medal: UCC College of Medicine and Health's Translational Health Research Conference 2008 Finalist of the Best Journal Paper Award of 2008 in Speech Technologies in Spain.
- 2006 Best Paper Award on The IV Biennial Workshop on Speech Technology, Zaragoza, Spain.