The theme of Fiona’s research is understanding mechanism of early life stress, such as unstable patterns of oxygenation, on cardiorespiratory and motor function using pre-clinical animal models. Fiona has a keen interest in exploring sex-specific vulnerabilities during development. Her work seeks to identify novel preventative strategies for preterm infants to improve their long-term functional outcomes and their quality of life.
- 2018-Present Lecturer in Physiology, Department of Physiology, Uuniversity College Cork
- 2017-2018: Senior Post-Doc, University College Cork, Ireland
- 2016-2017: Research Associate, University of Bristol, UK
- 2014-2015: Research Fellow, Hochkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Canada
- 2004-2008: BSc Physiology & Pharmacology, University College Dublin
- 2009-2014: PhD Translational Medicine, University College Dublin
Contact Details: email@example.com