Mairead joined the Neonatal Brain Research Group (NBRG) as the Assistant Manager on the BASELINE project in 2009. She later moved to the role of Research Manager with particular responsibility for local involvement in the NEMO clinical trial, an EU FP7 funded project that was the largest multi-centre European study of neonatal seizures and their treatment.
The NEMO project finished in March 2015 and Mairead then moved to the role of Clinical Manager for the ANSeR project. ANSeR is a multi-centre, randomised, controlled, clinical investigation of a neonatal seizure detection algorithm funded by the Wellcome Trust. She is currently the INFANT Clinical Research Manager and her expertise includes Data Management, Knowledge Dissemination, and Study Monitoring and Ethics in trials.
- 2015 – present Clinical Research Manager
- 2009-2015 Research Manager, Neonatal Brain Research Group, UCC
- 2009 Assistant Manager, Neonatal Brain Research Group, UCC
- 2006 MSc Clinical Trials, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London
- 2002 HDip (Computer Science) University College Cork
- 1993 BSc (Biotechnology) from Dublin City University.