Sharon is the Project Manager of PARROT Ireland trial at INFANT.
PARROT Ireland led by Principal Investigator Dr Keelin O’Donoghue, investigates pregnant women to assess and reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia. Prior to her current role, Sharon worked with the Blood Cancer Network Ireland (BCNI) as a Postdoctoral Researcher and contributed in the initial phase of establishment of a blood cancer biobank in Ireland. She also worked at the University of Pretoria as a Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellow within the MRC Stem Cell Unit to validate a novel diagnostic Affymetrix platform-based Microarray chip called AMLprofiler that facilitates diagnostic and prognostic classification of Acute Myeloid Leukemia patients. She is a passionate scientist with extensive experience in both laboratory and clinical research. Her expertise lies in clinical sample collection, processing and analysis, biobanking techniques, DNA/RNA sequencing and microarray platforms. Her key interest includes clinical translational research and has further gone to specialize in Scientific Research Project Management.
- 2018-Present: Project Manager, PARROT Ireland Study, INFANT , Cork University Maternity Hospital, Cork, Ireland
- 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher for Biobank, Blood Cancer Network Ireland (BCNI) National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland
- 2013-2015: Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellow Institute for Cellular and Molecular Medicine, MRC Stem Cell Unit, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- 2008-2012: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), School of Forensic and Investigative Sciences , University of Central Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 2005-2007: Master of Science (MSc) in Biomedical Genetics , Vellore Institute of Technology University, India
- 2002-2005: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology Andhra University, India
- Clinical Research Training National Institute of Health (NIH) Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education, USA.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Management, DNA Biotech, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Bioentrepreneurship Innovation Hub, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing , European Molecular Biology Laboratory-European Bioinformatics Institute, (EMBL-EBI), Welcome Trust Genome Campus, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Exome sequencing data analysis and RNAseq data analysis in R and Linux environment SBIMB and Center for Genomic Regulation, Spain and University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Essential DNA Sequencing, DNA Biotech, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Quantitative RT-PCR, Roche, South Africa.
- Genome Analysis Tool Kit (GATK) Training, University of Pretoria, South Africa.