Shridharan is a postdoctoral researcher at INFANT, currently working on "Biomarker Discovery and Validation in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)" by mass spectrometry-based metabolomics.
Prior to this position, Shri conducted postdoctoral research at Israel and UK, which involved the application of computational mass spectrometry technologies for serum metabolomics and environmental metabolomics respectively. His research specializations include mass spectrometry, bioinformatics and process engineering. Of particular interest is on:
- Pipeline for discovery and validation of biomarkers.
- Development of programmatic tools and workflows for data analysis using bioinformatics.
- Machine learning for predictive analytics.
- 2019-Present Postdoctoral Researcher, INFANT, UCC.
- 2018-2019 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
- 2017-2018 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Nottingham, UK.
- 2011-2013 Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Nottingham Malaysia.
- 2009-2010 Production Engineer - API, Proventus Life Sciences (P) Ltd, India.
- 2011-2016 PhD (Chemical Engineering), University of Nottingham, Malaysia & UK.
- 2010-2011 MSc (Chemical Engineering), University of Nottingham, Malaysia.
- 2005-2009 B.Tech (Pharmaceutical Engineering and Technology), Bharathidasan University, India.
- Associate Member (AMIChemE) - The Institution of Chemical Engineers.
- Best Student Paper Award at the Engineering Research Showcase, University of Nottingham, UK, 2016.
- Recipient, Andrew Hendry Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Nottingham Endowed Postgraduate Prize 2013-2014.
- Best Peer Review prize at the International Youth Entrepreneur Schemes (iYES) competition, University of Nottingham, Malaysia, 2012.
- Recipient, Intercampus PhD Studentship, University of Nottingham, UK & Malaysia (2011-2014).
- Recipient, Developing Solutions Scholarship for MSc, University of Nottingham, Malaysia (2010-2011).