Sumit work as a Postdoctoral Researcher on Delphi project for the development of a neonatal brain health index in term infants Electroencephalogram (EEG).
His research focuses on the development of biomedical signal processing and machine /deep learning methods to detect sleep stages and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) brain injury in term infants EEG.
- 2019–present Postdoctoral Researcher, Neonatal Brain Research Group, INFANT Centre, University College Cork, Ireland.
- 2018–2019 Research Assistant, Neonatal Brain Research Group, INFANT Centre, University College Cork, Ireland.
- 2015–2019 PhD (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), Centre of Data Science and Scalable Computing, Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom.
- 2014–2015 Junior Research Fellow, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India.
- 2012–2014 M.Tech. by research (Electronic Systems and Communication), Government College of Engineering, Amravati, India.
- 2009–2012 B.E. (Electronic Design and Technology), Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur, India.
- 2006–2009 Dip.Eng. (Electronics Engineering), Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE), India.
- Best Poster Award The Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology, QUB, UK (2017).
- Best Poster Award Queen's University Belfast, UK (2016).
- Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Access, Springer's Journal of Signal Processing Systems.
- Recipient, Prestigious EPSRC Ph.D. Studentship, United Kingdom (2015-2019).
- Recipient, Postgraduate GATE Studentship, India (2012-2014).
- Teaching: Undergraduate Teaching Assistantship lecturing, Electronic Device and Circuits, Digital Circuits in 2013, Government College of Engineering Amravati, India.