The INFANT Clinical Trials platform represents the expertise of obstetricians, neonatologists, paediatricians, midwives, research nurses, biostatisticians and clinical trial managers at our centre.
Over the last decade, we have accrued extensive experience of all types of clinical trials ranging from cohort studies to definitive interventions in the perinatal space including the Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products (CTIMPS) and Clinical Investigations.
This has facilitated the acquisition of uniquely valuable skillsets, personnel and infrastructure. We have ‘in-house’ expertise in clinical trial management including trial design, trial monitoring, reporting, database design and implementation, biobank development and curation, biostatistics and trial methodology. In addition, we have considerable expertise in ethical, regulatory and industry requirements.
- Neonatal Brain Research – using enhanced real time multi modal physiological monitoring at the cotside.
- Developing algorithms that can reliably and remotely monitor complex physiological data.
- Biomarker discovery and validation in pregnancy, neonates and paediatrics
- Infant and maternal nutrition research
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hypotension in extremely preterm infants
- Neonatal Seizures
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Neonatal Stroke
- Pre-eclampsia and conditions of late pregnancy
- Preterm birth
- Short and long term neurodevelopmental outcomes
- Nutritional studies
- Neonatal Cardio-respiratory
- Neurodevelopmental Follow-up
- Omics platform
- Data Management
- Quality Management System
- Health Research Board Mother and Baby Clinical Trial Network Ireland - MnB-CTNI
- Irish Network for Childrens Research - In4Kids
- Neonatal Brain Consortium Ireland - NBCI
- The European Reference Network (ERN) for Epilepsy – EpiCare
- Collaborative Network for European Clinical Trials for Children (Conect For Children) - c4c
- Paediatric Clinical Research Infrastructure Network – PedCRIN
- International Neonatal Consortium - INC