Soraia is a PhD student at INFANT. Her background is in Neurophysiology and her main interests are within the area of sleep and neurodevelopment. After working in the clinical field, Soraia is currently working on the BabySMART study in which the primary aim is to understand a possible connection between baby massage and neurodevelopment.
ResearchGate profile: Soraia Ventura (researchgate.net)
- 2017 – present – PhD student, INFANT Centre, University College of Cork;
- 2017-2020 – Research assistant, INFANT Centre, University College of Cork;
- 2013-2017 – Clinical Physiologist in Neurophysiology, Clinical Neurophysiology Department, Cork University Hospital;
- 2007-2011 – B.Sc (Hons) Neurophysiology, Escola Superior de Saúde (Portugal).
- Ventura, S; Mathieson, S; O’Toole J; Livingstone, V; Boylan. Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Diurnal Sleep of Infants at 4-5 Months, The 8th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Societies, 10/2020
- Ventura, S; Mathieson, S; O’Toole J; Livingstone, V; Boylan, G. Microstructural Changes in Routinely Massaged Infants. New Horizons Research Conference, UCC, Cork, 12/2019
- Rosa C, Ventura S, Maia S. Achalasia and High-Resolution Esophageal Manometry – A Clinical Case, II Jornadas de Neurofisiologia da ESTSP-IPP, Vila Nova Gaia, 05/2010.
- Rosa C, Ventura S, Maia S. Neurofeedback and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, I Congresso Internacional Da Saúde Gaia-Porto – ESTSP-IPP, Vila Nova de Gaia, 09/2010.
- Ventura S; Mathieson S; O’Toole J; Livingstone V; Ryan M, Boylan GB. Electroencephalographic sleep macrostructure and sleep spindles in early infancy, Sleep, vol. 45, no. 1, Jan 2022, zsab262.
- Wei L, Ventura S, Mathieson SR, Boylan GB Lowery M, Mooney C. Spindle-AI: Sleep Spindle Number and Duration Estimation in Infant EEG. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 69, no. 1, Jan 2022 (pp. 465-474).
- – Wei L, Ventura S, Lowery M, Ryan M, Mathieson SR, Boylan GB, Mooney C. Random Forest-based Algorithm for Sleep Spindle Detection in Infant EEG. 42nd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC) 2020 Jul (pp. 58-61). IEEE.
- Ventura, Soraia; Electroencephalographic Validation Study of Cold Pressor Test as a Stressor, 2011 (Thesis, not published)