Soraia is a PhD student at INFANT. Her background is in Neurophysiology and her main interests are within the area of Electroencephalography. After gaining experience in the clinical field, Soraia is currently working on the BabySMART study which aims to understand a possible connection between baby massage and neurodevelopment.
- 2017 - present - PhD student, INFANT Centre, University College of Cork
- 2013-2017 – Clinical Physiologist in Neurophysiology, Clinical Neurophysiology Department, Cork University Hospital
- 2007-2011 – B.Sc (Hons) Neurophysiology, Escola Superior de Saúde (Portugal)
- Rosa C, Ventura S, Maia S. Achalasia and High-Resolution Esophageal Manometry – A Clinical Case, II Jornadas de Neurofisiologia da ESTSP-IPP, Vila Nova Gaia, 05/2010.
- Rosa C, Ventura S, Maia S. Neurofeedback and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, I Congresso Internacional Da Saúde Gaia-Porto - ESTSP-IPP, Vila Nova de Gaia, 09/2010.
- Ventura, Soraia; Electroencephalographic Validation Study of Cold Pressor Test as a Stressor, 2011